Living expenses or additional living expenses means protection that covers the expenses that may arise from the fact that you cannot live in your home. Typically in these cases you have to deal with expenses such as hotel costs, extra restaurant costs, storage for your belongings, etc. Situations like this can arise in several cases:
- You cannot live in your existing home due to ongoing repairs following flooding, fire, storm, etc.
- You are not allowed to return to your dwelling according to authorities (police, fire fighters, etc.)
There are some other cases where your living expenses will be covered as well. Make sure that you understand what amount of protection your policy offers (e.g. how many days in hotel will your insurance policy cover?)
- Interested to pay as little as $15/month for home insurance?
- Get a free quote from our partner in 10 minutes and start to save
- Include into your policy all important coverage such as e.g. sewer back up