I am attempting to get hold of the BMO Credit Card Dispute Department and I am currently on hold. I am on the phone now for 2:28:12 to be exact and have yet to speak to customer service. I reckon that I would be here for another 5 hours? Who has time for this? Horrible!!!! Lesson learned - leave BMO and bank locally (credit union).
BMO World Elite MasterCard Consumer Reviews
Looking for the best Credit Card?
Earn 10% cash back on all purchases for the first 3 months (up to $2,000 in total purchases). Plus, no annual fee in the first year, including on supplementary cards. A welcome offer value of $350.
FilterMost helpfull reviews
Are you interested in?
I pay my bill in full every month but now they call with a recorded message saying they need to speak with me - I call them back and I’m on hold for 3 hours (no joke)! When I finally speak to a real human, I’m upsold and told there are no issues with my card - they just want to upset me! 3 hours of my life I’ll never get back. The latest is not getting a bill anymore! 3 times this year and I’m only in month 7. I’ve lived in the same house for 15 years but somehow I’m not getting a bill???
Now if I call just to get my balance, I’m immediately transferred and out on hold for hours! I’m cutting up this card and will never get another!
There is no upgrade for telephone services. Other banks give you an option to leave your number so they can call you back for BMO there is no such option you have to hold the line for 15-30 minutes! The same issues with online customer service with personal and business accounts. Good luck even being able to read the contact number on the back of the card. I personally talked to 3 managers of master cards to let them know that it is not easy to read the contact number due to the spot of printing it and no changes or updates so far after a year of talk. No improvement or upgrade in terms of customer service over years. I've been up on this bank and will switch to another bank for sure it is frustrating.
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card
Earn 10% cash back on all purchases for the first 3 months (up to $2,000 in total purchases). Plus, no annual fee in the first year, including on supplementary cards. A welcome offer value of $350. What else will you get:
- 4% on eligible recurring bill payments and grocery store purchases
- 2% on eligible gas station and daily transit purchases
- 1% cash back on all other eligible everyday purchases
- Complimentary Concierge Services 24/7 Visa Infinite Dining Series Visa Infinite Music Series Wine Country Wonders Luxury Hotel Privileges
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance & New Mobile Device Insurance coverage
What do you mean wait time 4 hours? If the support service is inadequate to meet the client demand timely, then expand the capacity of the service team or adapt other solutions like call back queue list. This is utterly stupid waste of time, and anger-provoking to stay in line and listen to stupid recorded voice of "appreciating the patience"
The fact that they charge a yearly fee for this card is laughable.
1. Customer service is non existent. Call center is always 2-4 hour wait.
2. During COVID all travel booked through the card was “not refundable” even when airlines were refunding, BMO wouldn’t. The insurance on the bookings is garbage and doesn’t cover anything either.
3. VIP lounge access is terrible and almost none of the airport lounges subscribe so you can pretty much guarantee you won’t be benefiting from that “perk” of the card.
4. Very high yearly fee and you don’t get much back for points!
Go with another card! This one is a scam.
Wait times to speak to a customer service representative were always 4+ hours. Had to go into a branch to cancel the card - impossible to contact BMO by phone. The card couldn't be linked to any online account or restaurant - customer service was unwilling or unable to fix this. The annual fee is not worth it.
Scotiabank® Gold American Express® Card
Earn up to 40,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points in your first year (that's up to $400 towards travel). Earn 5 Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at eligible grocery stores, dining and entertainment
I am currently on hold for BMO world elite Mastercard customer service. OVER 3 HOURS now and still on hold and the message continually says "Thank you for your patience we will answer your call shortly"... Do I need to say anything more about their "service"?
Every time you need to call them it can take between 45 mins, to 3 hours to get to a human on the phone... It's a disgrace to humanity.
If you need to speak to a person (which you do for a lot of the things like password reset etc...) the wait times listed are never less than 1-2 hours. Usually, the automated voice says a 3-4 hours wait time. How is this acceptable? And who has the time and patience to do that? For the number of fees paid this should be 15-20 mins MAX.
BMO do better!
Scotiabank® Gold American Express® Card
Earn up to 40,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points in your first year (that's up to $400 towards travel). What else will you get:
- Earn 5 Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at eligible grocery stores, dining and entertainment
- Earn 3 Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at eligible gas stations, daily transit, and select streaming services
- Earn 1 point for every $1 you spend on all other eligible everyday purchases
- Complimentary Concierge Services 24/7
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance coverage with 25 days of travel medical insurance for eligible persons under age 65
BMO informed us in April that they were replacing our Gold card with the World Elite card. It was going to increase our yearly fee. When I tried to go online on May 11 my Gold card number was no longer valid and we had not yet received our World Elite card. Until we receive the new cards we cannot do any online banking! So far I have spent over 6.5 hours on the phone (mostly on hold) trying to find out where the new cards are. Finally today they told me that they were being sent by courier. This is hopeful news. We will see...