Canada Life Life Insurance Reviews
Affordable Life Insurance?
- Rates from 20+ life insurers
- Premiums start at $12/month
- Standard & Guaranteed plans
- Can be purchased remotely
FilterMost helpfull reviews
Looking for Cheap Insurance Quotes?
Life Insurance in Your City
Life Insurance in Your Province
The online portal is inaccurate and does not provide you with up-to-date information on your claims. You are required to call customer service with a lengthy wait (an hour +) to inquire about the status of your claim. The customer service representative's knowledge is very limited and often results in multiple transfers to other representatives before getting an answer.
I am forced to use this company for now because my employer decided to use them for our health benefits. However, if you have the choice, I strongly encourage you to seek a different insurance company because this level of incompetence and lack of transparency is something I’ve never seen before in an insurance company.
Service à la clientèle aberrante.
Deux jours au téléphones, 8 tentative.
8 fois se faire raccrocher au nez !
Courriel sans réponse!
Don't even use this company. The coverage is horrifically low for the premiums charged.
The worst insurance I've ever had.
If you make any changes to your account make sure you call them, again and again, to ensure they have it correct or they will cancel your plan and still randomly expect you to pay that first month they waved ever so nicely, in the beginning, absolute scam company. Beware!
Requested refund for dental care. It took 2 weeks just to post me some additional papers to fill. It took only 2 days to send the info back via their website. Now, 1 month has passed the request is still pending... Also, nobody answered me for 1 hour.
Phone wait time is over an hour. Customer service are completely incompetent. They never have any answers for your questions. Stay away!!!
Thinking of getting a life insurance quote from an insurance agent? They work for one insurance company and can only sell the products of that company. That may not result in the best rate for you. Our insurance brokers compare life insurance quotes across 20+ Canadian insurers for you.
Wait time is deplorable. Waited for over an hour, fell asleep! Like I have nothing better to do?
I have been trying to get information regarding my life insurance policy for over two months now. My advisor is incompetent. After over 20 emails and numerous phone calls, I have nothing. No response. I asked him to change my address also and…he didn’t…I did when I called. Then a week after he emails me saying he changed my address??? No… he is negligent and I am considering terminating my life insurance policy and getting it somewhere else.
Why I would NEVER recommend Canada Life extended health... their coverage might sound fine but they are terrible to deal with.
1. Dozens of experiences where they exceeded their standard payment timelines, when inquiries were sent them would reply with their standard timelines - VERY UNHELPFUL
Our average turnaround time for claims is:
- 5 business days - health and dental
- 7 business days - pay direct drugs
- 10 business days - out of the country
Don't be fooled, they are almost always going to exceed these timelines and only pay after multiple emails.
2. You can't actually get anyone to answer the phone (in English, I understand you can get through on the French line). I have spent 2 and 3 hours on the phone waiting to talk to someone, as have others I've spoken to, only to get to the front of the queue and be hung up on. Emails often take up to 5 business days to get a response.
3. Even after my organization got a dedicated contact whose email signature indicated she was a Regional Service Manager my claims remained unpaid after one month. What good is a plan that doesn't reimburse clients for allowed health expenses?
Of course, there are many things to consider, but I would recommend you steer clear of Canada Life at all costs! They aren't a good company and I would give them zero stars if I could.
As a practitioner, we deal with this company a lot, specifically direct billing through Telus Health. Here are two areas of improvement in which they know about, but seem to have no interest in improving upon.
1. Commonly the billing submission is termed as "under review" and not accepted. However, their software and practitioner interface does not allow you the check on the "under review" submission and requires you to call.
2. There must only be a total of two people working the helpline, and they must have severe cognitive delays because in the rare chance you get to talk to someone without waiting an hour, they promptly transfer you to the wrong department or drop your call.
In all honesty, this seems like an intentional way of reducing the volume of claims and saving the company money- ie- Annoy the shit out the practitioners so they won't direct bill, and hope the cost of paying out of pocket for some patients (then being reimbursed) is prohibitive for some of the poor souls that have their subpar insurance.
PS- 1/5 stars was given because 0/5 stars was not an option
When you call to inquire about anything, you can be on hold for 1-3 hours. When you complain about how long it takes to get reimbursed for most benefits (which is often) they just pacify you and tell you it will be coming soon. I tell them I have been sending inquiries online and they tell me that is useless because no one checks that. Right now, I have been waiting to be reimbursed for medical supplies for 5 weeks. When I was waiting for reimbursement for my partial dentures, it took 6 weeks. My husband has this company for benefits. It is awful. Needed to get orthopedic shoes, so I got a doctor's note which they would not accept. You have to get a podiatrist to send a full and specific problem you are having and once they accept that, then you have to go through umpteen dozen pairs of orthopedic shoes until they decide to accept a pair. Terrible company!