What is Car Insurance Endorsement? It is an addition to an auto insurance policy that, as a rule, changes an existing policy or offers additional protection or features for an additional fee. Different companies may offer different endorsements and thus, when getting your policy, you need to understand which protection is already included in your insurance policy and which one you might need to add on top.
Examples of additional endorsements can be:
- Family protection:Additional protection for every person on the policy in case of injury or death caused by underinsured or uninsured driver
- Transportation replacement: Reimbursement of the expenses you incur if your car cannot be operated, for example, because it is undergoing repairs in a workshop after an accident. This can include expenses such as a cab, train, rental car, etc. Typically this kind of benefits is available for a limited period of time, e.g. 2 weeks.
- Zero Deductible:Fully eliminating a deductible in the case of a claim
- Interested to save on your auto insurance? Get a free quote today
- Discover the lowest auto insurance rate across numerous insurance companies
- Spend 15 min to start saving hundreds of dollars annually
Get a free Auto Insurance quote from 10+ Canadian insurers in Alberta
Our Publications related to Auto Insurance
Background: The last two years have been marked by unprecedented challenges due to the pandemic, both for consumers and companies. Despite the pandemic, life continued, and Canadians were driving cars, were buying or renting houses, going to a doctor and continued doing many other things related to insurance. As the largest Canadian insurance review platform, […]
The arrival of COVID-19 has pushed Canadians, more than ever before, online for finding and applying for insurance and banking products. It is not easy, though, to make the right choice without knowing if a particular insurer will be there when you need them the most. As the largest Canadian review platform with thousands of […]
Here are two summaries of top Alberta Car Insurance stories that were published in March and May 2017 in Canadian media outlets: CBC News Edmonton: Insurance company offers $5,500 for truck appraised at more than $40,000 (click to scroll to the story summary) Simcoe Reformer: Changes to benefit entitlement in 2016 adds to family’s struggle […]
Something that is quite straight forward for Canadians often turns out to be more complicated for those who are new to Canada. Searching for auto insurance and getting a cheap car insurance policy is one such issue, but we are here to help. Here are some questions you need to answer and steps you need […]
Hundreds of websites on the Internet perpetuate insurance myths. In this article, we have summarized all the insurance myths we are aware of and catalogued them by type, starting with home insurance, followed by auto insurance, life Insurance etc. If interested, you can unlock another 20 additional insurance myths at the end of our article. […]