Car Insurance Alberta: Intro
Welcome to your Car Insurance Guide for Alberta. This page will give you an idea of car insurance premiums in Alberta, will inform about savings opportunities and also provide a number of other useful tips for choosing the best car insurance protection.
Average Rates for Auto Insurance in Alberta
Here are some car insurance average rates to give you an idea of insurance prices in Alberta. The first chart shows rates comparison across several Canadian provinces. The second chart shows the difference in car insurance premiums for drivers of different age. This difference can be quite considerable.
How Does InsurEye Compare Car Insurance Quotes?
Our mission is to provide you the best car insurance quote in Alberta so that you can purchase the cheapest auto insurance policy and save on insurance. We do that by partnering with the best insurance brokers in Alberta. It does not matter if you are located in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Grande Praire, St. Albert, Medicine Hat, Airdrie or any other location – we can help you in your car insurance search.
In order to find for you the best auto insurance quote, we compare the rates from the following insurance companies:
- Gore Mutual Insurance Company
- Intact Insurance
- Pembridge Insurance
- RSA (Royal Sun Alliance)
- SGI Canada
- Wawanesa Insurance
An experienced car insurance broker can tailor an insurance policy to your personal needs and assist you with all the questions.
Compare Car Insurance Quotes and Get The Lowest Rate in Alberta
If you are serious about saving on car insurance, here are some numbers.
A good driving record in Alberta means average auto insurance premiums of ~$110 per month ($1,320 per year). A bad driving record would lead to auto insurance rates of ~$240 per month ($2,880 per month). It means that reducing this amount even by 10-20% will result in significant savings.
We will help you to get the cheapest car insurance quote because we are able to compare for you rates across ~10 insurance companies (see the full list above). If you invest just a few minutes, we will save you a lot of money – give it a try.
What Do You Need to Know about Auto Insurance in Alberta?
Similarly to any other Canadian province, car insurance is required by law in Alberta. The government regulates the minimal amount of 3-rd party liability insurance on your automobile: $200,000. It is highly recommended though to have at least $1,000,000 or, even better, $2,000,000 in liability coverage.
Though car insurance rates in Alberta are not the highest in Canada (~$110 per month), as mentioned above, it is worth to compare the market to find the best price.
Alberta has a tort system (or “at-fault” insurance approach) for bodily injury and car damage liability but uses “no-fault” approach to accident benefits coverage. “No-fault” approach means that each insurer pays the claim of its policyholder.
How to Get Cheap Auto Insurance in Alberta?
- Car Insurance Deductibles: Increase your car insurance deductibles if you believe that you are capable of incurring higher payments for damages in case of an accident. This is especially suited for more experienced car drivers.
- Minimal coverage: Driving an old car without large value? Get a minimal coverage required by law (mainly liability) w/o collision damage (you are still protected if you damage somebody’s car but damages on your car will not be covered).
- Driving Course: Successfully completing a driving course is sometimes recognized by some insurance providers and could help you reduce your premiums.
- Improving your driving record: Do you have a bad driving record? Every three years previously incurred tickets are removed from your insurance history and your insurance premiums can go down.
- Private Garage: Parking your car in a safe location (e.g. private or secure garage ) normally results in lower insurance premiums with auto insurance providers.
- Bundle: Do you need Home and Auto Insurance? Most companies will offer you a discount if you bundle them together.
- Professional Membership: Are you a member of a professional organization (e.g. Certified Management Accountants of Canada or The Air Canada Pilots Association)? Then some insurance companies offer you a discount.
- Seniors: Many companies offer special pricing to seniors.
- Alumni: Graduates from certain Canadian universities ( e.g University of Toronto, McGill University) might be eligible for a discount at certain Insurance providers.
- Interested in more saving tips for Car Insurance in Alberta? Get an insurance quote below and connect with an experienced insurance professional to get more tips.
|Auto Insurance by Province|
|Auto Insurance in Alberta||Auto Insurance in British Columbia||Auto Insurance in Manitoba|
|Auto Insurance in Ontario||Auto Insurance in Quebec||Auto Insurance in Saskatchewan|