Car Insurance Alberta: Intro
Welcome to your Car Insurance Guide for Alberta. This page will give you an idea of Car Insurance Premiums in Alberta, will inform about savings opportunities and also provide number of other useful tips for choosing car insurance Alberta protection.
What Are Typical Car Insurance Premiums In Alberta?
Here are some car insurance average rates to give you an idea of insurance prices in Alberta. The first chart shows rates comparison across several Canadian provinces. The second chart shows difference in car insurance premiums for drivers of different age. This difference can be quite considerable.
How Can You Save on Car Insurance in Alberta?
- Car Insurance Deductibles: Increase your car insurance deductibles if you believe that you are capable of incurring higher payments for damages in case of an accident. This is especially suited for more experienced car drivers.
- Minimal coverage: Driving an old car without large value? Get a minimal coverage required by law (mainly liability) w/o collision damage (you are still protected if you damage somebody’s car but damages on your car will not be covered).
- Driving Course: Successfully completing a driving course is sometimes recognized by some insurance providers and could help you reduce your premiums.
- Improving your driving record: Do you have a bad driving record? Every three years previously incurred tickets are removed from your insurance history and your insurance premiums can go down.
- Private Garage: Parking your car in a safe location (e.g. private or secure garage ) normally results in lower insurance premiums with auto insurance providers.
- Bundle: Do you need Home and Auto Insurance? Most companies will offer you a discount if you bundle them together.
- Professional Membership: Are you a member of a professional organization (e.g. Certified Management Accountants of Canada or The Air Canada Pilots Association)? Then some insurance companies offer you a discount.
- Seniors: Many companies offer special pricing to seniors.
- Alumni: Graduates from certain Canadian universities ( e.g University of Toronto, McGill University) might be eligible for a discount at certain Insurance providers.
- Interested in more saving tips for Car Insurance in Alberta? Get an insurance quote below and connect with an experienced insurance professional to get more tips.
|Auto Insurance by Province|
|Auto Insurance in Alberta||Auto Insurance in British Columbia||Auto Insurance in Manitoba|
|Auto Insurance in Ontario||Auto Insurance in Quebec||Auto Insurance in Saskatchewan|