What is Collision or Upset Coverage?

Glossary - Letter - C

What is Collision or Upset Coverage? Collision or upset coverage is a part of the insurance policy that covers losses resulting from damages when a vehicle is involved in a collision with another object, or rolls over.

Collision coverage is typically required when you lease or finance a vehicle (i.e. vehicle is not fully your property). If you do not have this coverage, your repairs are not covered should you be at-fault in an accident.

  • Interested to save on your auto insurance? Get a free quote today
  • Discover the lowest auto insurance rate across numerous insurance companies
  • Spend 15 min to start saving hundreds of dollars annually

Get a free Auto Insurance quote from 10+ Canadian insurers in Alberta