This page will give you a good idea of insurance costs in Alberta and helps to link with insurance broker of your choice in and around Calgary. There are several positive aspects of getting insurance from independent insurance brokers in Calgary.
Looking for insurance quotes? Click the corresponding section below.
Compare home insurance quotes from 10+ leading insurers.
Our brokers compare for you rates from 20+ insurers.
Get the best rate across more than 20+ life insurers via our broker partners.
Our brokers access rates from numerous commercial insurers.
Reasons to use insurance brokers in Calgary
- Broker works with multiple insurers as opposed to agents dealing only with one
- Insurance broker is certified and is knowledgeable across the products offered
- Good insurance broker helps you not only with insurance choice but also with claims
Average insurance costs in Alberta
Your insurance policy costs depends of multiple factors and thus can vary. Nevertheless we show below average numbers for some insurance cases which should give you a feeling of insurance costs in Alberta (across Canada for Life insurance).
- Car Insurance: Average car insurance costs in Alberta reach $114/month but can vary strongly depending on numerous factors e.g. young drivers in Alberta (25 years old or younger) pay $155/month whereas those aged 56-60 pay on average $102/month in this province.
- Home Insurance: Homeowners in Alberta pay on average $84/month in home insurance costs. Those who rent a house or an apartment need to plan for $49 monthly in tenants insurance premiums. Here you can find out more about average condo insurance cost.
- Life Insurance: Life insurance costs depend strongly on type of an insurance policy (e.g. Term vs Whole vs Universal), insurance coverage (e.g. $50,000 vs $2,000,000), health state, existing pre-conditions and a number of other factors. As an example, Canadians pay on average $62/month for term life insurance and $97/month for universal life insurance.
Our partners, insurance brokers in Calgary, can inform you and provide you with an insurance quote tailored to your needs helping you to save on various insurance types.
Additional Advice: How to check if a broker is licensed / legitimate?
An official page of AIC (Alberta Insurance Council) provides access to the database of all Alberta Life and General Insurance brokers. By adding broker’s first and/or last name, city or agency name you can check if any insurance brokers Calgary or across Alberta is officially licensed and has his/her license in a good standing. There are two things to look for:
- Make sure that an insurance broker has a license to sell insurance
- Make sure that the license is not outdated
Should any Calgary insurance brokers, with whom you are dealing, do not have a valid life or general insurance license but still sell insurance products, please contact AIC immediately.
|Insurance Brokers in Alberta
|Insurance Brokers Calgary, Alberta
|Insurance Brokers Edmonton, Alberta
|Insurance Brokers Red Deer, Alberta
|Insurance Brokers Lethbridge, Alberta
|Insurance Brokers Medicine Hat, Alberta
|Insurance Brokers in Saskatchewan
|Insurance Brokers Regina, Saskatchewan
|Insurance Brokers Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
|Insurance Brokers Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
|Insurance Brokers in Nova Scotia
|Insurance Brokers Halifax, Nova Scotia
|Insurance Brokers in Quebec
|Insurance Brokers Montreal, Quebec
Our Publications related to Home Insurance
The arrival of COVID-19 has pushed Canadians, more than ever before, online for finding and applying for insurance and banking products. It is not easy, though, to make the right choice without knowing if a particular insurer will be there when you need them the most. As the largest Canadian review platform with thousands of […]
A prospective buyer is always going to be focused on a condo unit’s view. Unlike a house, these units rarely have multiple windows to the outside in various directions. The exterior wall, which usually is either glass or contains a balcony, is likely the only point of contact with the natural world. While the interior […]
It’s no secret that property prices in many urban areas of Canada are on fire. And it’s not limited to just the core of Toronto and Vancouver. Houses for sale in Hamilton, for example, have doubled in price in the last decade and houses in Mississauga are almost $750,000. It’s increasingly hard for the average […]
Toronto real estate has been tumultuous in the last few years. At first, everything was going, up, up and up. Record low-interest rates made huge mortgages more attractive, and few new suburbs were developed thanks to the Greenbelt. Almost 90, 000 Newcomers were moving to Toronto each year, along with Canadians from other parts of […]
InsurEye Inc has announced the launch of a new website: CondoEssentials. The new site is a condo review platform that has been designed to better inform Canadians about real estate, with a particular emphasis on condominiums. InsurEye has been informing consumers about details of auto, life and condo insurance for years through thousands of independent […]