Manulife Health Insurance Reviews
Best Health Insurance?
- Rates from 20+ life insurers
- Dental, Vision, Drug plans
- Can be purchased remotely
FilterMost helpfull reviews
Looking for Cheap Insurance Quotes?
Life Insurance in Your City
Life Insurance in Your Province
Had minor podiatry surgery which the Doctor assured would be covered - denied. Had to have a special prescription with no substitutions - denied. They reduced the wheelchair amount from $3,500 to $800. Their website is not easy to use. Overall the cost of the monthly premiums is not worth it unless your employer is paying for them.
A very archaic online platform that is difficult to use even for a person under 30 such as me and many of the features don't work. Even submitting a question in their question boxes only provides automated responses via email, stating that they cannot answer any questions. It seems like this insurer is short-staffed and all Customer Service calls are sent to Manila, where the service line is terrible so it's difficult to communicate, the wait times are long, and there are occasional language difficulties. There is no real conversation or explanation provided when calling with questions, it's just a bunch of scripted lines that they recite, which is very frustrating. I don't recommend this health insurer.
First of all, the staff are not knowledgable. If they decide not to pay a claim, they could give you very stupid reasons. For example, my dentist claimed on my behalf a charge that I had to pay upfront. Here is the list of the reasons Manulife staff provided to avoid reimbursing me what I paid.
1. First call, the customer service agent said that we can't pay the dentist directly - I said they don't require you to pay directly to them, you just need to reimburse me directly what I paid to them.
2. Second call to follow up: new customer service agent: it is not processed because the address on the claim is different from the address on your profile. Ok, can I update my address? No, only your employer can update your address, (this was their answer after they knew that my husband (plan holder) has quit his job) and now they wanted to make it hard on us since my husband cannot call his employer for such stupid reason. I decided to call my dentist and make them change the address on my claim to the previous one (since we still own that home but it is rented out). The dentist changed the address and now I thought it should be good. I submitted myself online.
3. Third call to follow up about the status of my "new" claim: a new customer service agent: I see a note about the address. I said: yes that was the previous claim but now the address on the claim matches the address on the profile. The agent: oh I think it's nothing to do with the address. I think you claimed this diagnosis dental exam last year and now you are not eligible for it. Well, you paid only $19 for that claim and I have a balance of $140 left. Can this cover the cost? No, since you made a claim that's it, regardless of the amount paid, you cannot claim again. And finally, I had to give up since I found it a waste of time for myself.
For everyone who is seeking to get covered. Do Not go with Manulife. And if you do, please know that you will have to pay from your pocket for insured items and you have to beg them to get your expenses covered and be ready to hear different excuses every time you call.
My parents had both purchased travel insurance in order to apply for their visas.
Unfortunately, they did not hear back until months later due to COVID delays & the applications were rejected.
I have phoned Manulife and explained what happened & requested a refund for the policies that were never used. They simply said no because it's past the effective day, while fully aware of the fact that the delay was out of our control.
Do not ever use or trust this company. I hope karma will eventually get them.
They don’t deserve any stars! I’ve submitted my claim 3 months ago and if I’m not the one who’s gonna call I will never hear back from them! And a while back I called them and told me that my claim was denied! What’s the sense of getting medical insurance then? Waste of money! Poor customer service! They told me that they’ll transfer me to another department but ended up - they hanged up on me. I don’t recommend this insurance company! PLEASE LOOK FOR A BETTER ONE! The one who’s worth your money.
On hold for hours at a time with no response.
Rejection of claims with no reason provided from a no-reply email.
The worst provider of company benefits on the market.
Shocking how they get away with it.
Upsetting to have to deal with this company
The plans are sort of run of the mill compared to other companies.
My biggest beef is the absolute lack of customer service.
You can tell they're going out of their way to make connecting with an agent as inconvenient as possible, and when their online self serves options continuously change and get more complicated to navigate or even log in this becomes increasingly infuriating.
I realize if everyone used their health benefits to the full extent, the companies would be out of business but this is unacceptable.
Trying to get a claim through and have submitted numerous tickets to which they reply that I need to speak to an agent. I have tried over a dozen times to reach an agent and after going through the tree and being on hold for about 15 mins, the line cuts out. Still no response from online submissions. Brutal!
Waited almost an hour the first time... asked to have a supervisor call me back 11/2021.
Waited 41 min the next time no supervisor called me back from the first call. 12/15/21.
Called 1/21/22 Waited 1 hour 21 min. 57 secs. The call was disconnected! Called 01/31/22 all lines at capacity...disconnected. Won't respond to emails on the website... Why bother having that option. Manulife is a disgrace.
Filed a claim in September 2021 and I still don't know today July 2022 why my claim has not been settled. After many phone calls, and e-mails by my insurance broker and myself we have not had any concrete information as to why my 200.00 euro claim has not been settled. I will not recommend Manulife for travel insurance based on my experience.