How well do you know Life Insurance Landscape in Canada? This infographic shows key players in Canadian Life Insurance space. We divided all Life Insurers into several categories:
- Big Three Life Insurers: Manulife, Great-West Life, and Sun Life
- Insurers associated with Five Big Banks: RBC Insurance, TD Insurance, CIBC Insurance, ScotiaLife Financial and BMO Insurance. Typically, these companies offer less sophisticated life insurance products than Big Three Insurers
- Lifecos and Mutuals: Examples of such companies are Equitable Life of Canada, Assumption Life or Primerica
- Universal Insurers: These companies offer different types of insurance, both Life and Non-Life insurance (also called Property and Casualty). It may include such protection as life insurance, home insurance, auto insurance etc. Examples of such companies are Cooperators, Industrial Alliance, La Capitale, Wawanesa
- Non-Profits: That’s a special group of Life insurers that includes such companies as e.g. Faith Life Financial or Blue Cross (with regional Blue Cross companies)
This infographic is brought to you by InsurEye. InsurEye Inc is a Canadian company that provides online tools for consumers to educate them about different insurance types such as life insurance, disability insurance, critical illness insurance, funeral services insurance, and others and create transparency in insurance market place in Canada.
Insurance Price Comparison Tool is based on aggregated consumer data and helps to compare your insurance premiums to the premiums paid by your peers.
InsurEye Consumer Experience Tool is an independent platform for consumer insurance reviews. It covers most home, auto, and life insurers and their products across the country and is free for Canadians to use.