Sun Life Life Insurance Reviews
Affordable Life Insurance?
- Rates from 20+ life insurers
- Premiums start at $12/month
- Standard & Guaranteed plans
- Can be purchased remotely
FilterMost helpfull reviews
Looking for Cheap Insurance Quotes?
Life Insurance in Your City
Life Insurance in Your Province
I have had this life insurance for 14 years and did not realize that once I turn 65 it is now called "My life choice renewable term insurance". My payments were $20.50 and now since I turned 65 they will be $50.50. What a scam. They will not refund what you paid into it if you refuse to pay the new price. All I can say is what a waste of money I put into this. So what do they do with my Money? Where does it go, if not back to me? I asked if I could case it in as some insurance policies do, but the person I was talking to (who hardly spoke English) said no. Pretty sad.
You pay into a policy and then when you decide to take money out, it takes FOREVER. Should anyone have to suffer?
1. Submit the forms
2. Get the tax forms
3. Return the required forms
4. Wait -- several weeks!
5. Call their information number to find out about your check
6. Navigate through innumerable prompts
7. Service person says that there is ONLY one person who handles surrenders that involve the U.S.
8. Leave message for that person. (She is not there.)
9. Get return call from this person almost a day later. I am not in, so she leaves a message and tells me that she is about to leave for the day so will call you tomorrow.
10. Tomorrow NO call. (repeat steps 5 through 8)
11. Finally talk to right person. She has not even looked at the forms that were submitted.
12. Wait 10 days for check to be issued
Well, we hope that step 12 actually happens!
I had worked with a company that I will not disclose. Sun Life sent me a letter with my investment total as I was leaving the company I worked for. The withdrawal fee on the letter I received stating my investment total and my options was 25$. Googled the withdrawal service fee after the transaction took place and it even stated 25$. The lady had charged me 75$ for the withdrawal fee. And on top of that. In the two days that it took to process. My investment dropped by 20 dollars. Not a lot but that's 70 dollars that one of their workers had probably just pocketed. Make sure you know the proper information before dealing with them. They took advantage of me because I misplaced the letter I received.