Car Insurance BC: Intro
Welcome to your Car Insurance Guide for British Columbia. This page will give you an idea of Car Insurance Premiums in British Columbia and shares a few useful information items. Together with Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Quebec, British Columbia has a very specific auto insurance regulation in place impacting car insurance customers.
What Are Typical Car Insurance Premiums In British Columbia?
Here are some car insurance average rates to give you an idea of insurance prices in British Columbia. The first chart shows rates comparison across several Canadian provinces. The second chart shows difference in car insurance premiums for drivers of different age. This difference can be quite considerable.
More about Auto Insurance in British Columbia
- ICBC: By law, a basic insurance package called “Autoplan” must be purchased from the government (also called crown) corporation ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia)
- Other Insurers: Drivers in British Columbia can buy additional benefits such as extended liability, extended plans, collision etc. from other auto insurance companies or from ICBC
- Limited Choice: Based on InsurEye consumer reviews for ICBC it appears that many drivers are not happy about lack of insurance choices in British Columbia
- Customer Satisfaction: According to J.D. Power study from 2013 ICBC was ranked the worst insurance company in Canada (read more here)
- CDI: According to the same J.D. Power study Canadian Direct Insurance had the highest ranking in the West. That is somewhat consistent with higher InsurEye consumer reviews for CDI
Our Publications related to Auto Insurance
Background: The last two years have been marked by unprecedented challenges due to the pandemic, both for consumers and companies. Despite the pandemic, life continued, and Canadians were driving cars, were buying or renting houses, going to a doctor and continued doing many other things related to insurance. As the largest Canadian insurance review platform, […]
The arrival of COVID-19 has pushed Canadians, more than ever before, online for finding and applying for insurance and banking products. It is not easy, though, to make the right choice without knowing if a particular insurer will be there when you need them the most. As the largest Canadian review platform with thousands of […]
Here are two summaries of top Alberta Car Insurance stories that were published in March and May 2017 in Canadian media outlets: CBC News Edmonton: Insurance company offers $5,500 for truck appraised at more than $40,000 (click to scroll to the story summary) Simcoe Reformer: Changes to benefit entitlement in 2016 adds to family’s struggle […]
Something that is quite straight forward for Canadians often turns out to be more complicated for those who are new to Canada. Searching for auto insurance and getting a cheap car insurance policy is one such issue, but we are here to help. Here are some questions you need to answer and steps you need […]
Hundreds of websites on the Internet perpetuate insurance myths. In this article, we have summarized all the insurance myths we are aware of and catalogued them by type, starting with home insurance, followed by auto insurance, life Insurance etc. If interested, you can unlock another 20 additional insurance myths at the end of our article. […]
|Auto Insurance by Province|
|Auto Insurance in Alberta||Auto Insurance in Nova Scotia||Auto Insurance in Saskatchewan|
|Auto Insurance in British Columbia||Auto Insurance in Ontario|
|Auto Insurance in Manitoba||Auto Insurance in Quebec|