Car Insurance Scarborough: Intro
Welcome to your Car Insurance Guide for Scarborough. This page will give you an idea of Car Insurance Premiums in Ontario, will inform about savings opportunities and also provide number of other useful tips for choosing Car Insurance protection in Bulrington.
What Are Typical Car Insurance Premiums In Ontario?
Here are some car insurance average rates to give you an idea of insurance prices in Ontario and in Canada. The first chart shows rates comparison across several Canadian provinces. The second chart shows difference in car insurance premiums for drivers of different age. This difference can be quite considerable.
Overall consumers spend in Ontario more on Auto Insurance than in any other Canadian province. Despite recent government efforts to drive down auto insurance rates in Ontario these are still over-proportionally high when compared to the rest of Canada.
How Can You Save on Car Insurance in Scarborough?
- Direct insurers: Have you always dealt with insurance brokers / agents? Getting a policy from a direct insurer (i.e. insurers working via call-center or online) often can be cheaper (but not always) since they do not pay an agent/broker commission for each policy sold.
- Seniors: Many companies offer special pricing to seniors.
- Professional Membership: Are you a member of a professional organization (e.g. Certified Management Accountants of Canada or The Air Canada Pilots Association)? Then some insurance companies offer you a discount.
- Bundle: Do you need Home and Auto Insurance? Most companies will offer you a discount if you bundle them together.
- Car Insurance Deductibles: Increase your car insurance deductibles if you believe that you are capable of incurring higher payments for damages in case of an accident. This is especially suited for more experienced car drivers.
- Minimal coverage: Driving an old car without large value? Get a minimal coverage required by law (mainly liability) w/o collision damage (you are still protected if you damage somebody’s car but damages on your car will not be covered).
- Pay-as-you-drive: Some insurance providers can reduce your insurance premiums based on your driving profile (capturing data via a special device added to your vehicle).
- Rental car rider: If your existing auto insurance policy does not cover your rental car, you can often add it as a rider (policy extension) for $20-30 dollars a year. Compared to $20/day you would pay when renting a car, it’s not a bad deal.
- Improving your driving record: Do you have a bad driving record? Every three years previously incurred tickets are removed from your insurance history and your insurance premiums can go down.
- Winter Tires: Having winter tires is important for driving safety during the winter, but can also help reduce your insurance premiums.
- Private Garage: Parking your car in a safe location (e.g. private or secure garage ) normally results in lower insurance premiums with auto insurance providers.
- Interested in more saving tips for Car Insurance in Scarborough? Get an insurance quote below and connect with an experienced insurance professional to get more tips.
Our Publications related to Auto Insurance
Background: The last two years have been marked by unprecedented challenges due to the pandemic, both for consumers and companies. Despite the pandemic, life continued, and Canadians were driving cars, were buying or renting houses, going to a doctor and continued doing many other things related to insurance. As the largest Canadian insurance review platform, […]
The arrival of COVID-19 has pushed Canadians, more than ever before, online for finding and applying for insurance and banking products. It is not easy, though, to make the right choice without knowing if a particular insurer will be there when you need them the most. As the largest Canadian review platform with thousands of […]
Here are two summaries of top Alberta Car Insurance stories that were published in March and May 2017 in Canadian media outlets: CBC News Edmonton: Insurance company offers $5,500 for truck appraised at more than $40,000 (click to scroll to the story summary) Simcoe Reformer: Changes to benefit entitlement in 2016 adds to family’s struggle […]
Something that is quite straight forward for Canadians often turns out to be more complicated for those who are new to Canada. Searching for auto insurance and getting a cheap car insurance policy is one such issue, but we are here to help. Here are some questions you need to answer and steps you need […]
Hundreds of websites on the Internet perpetuate insurance myths. In this article, we have summarized all the insurance myths we are aware of and catalogued them by type, starting with home insurance, followed by auto insurance, life Insurance etc. If interested, you can unlock another 20 additional insurance myths at the end of our article. […]
|Auto Insurance by Province|
|Auto Insurance in Alberta||Auto Insurance in Nova Scotia||Auto Insurance in Saskatchewan|
|Auto Insurance in British Columbia||Auto Insurance in Ontario|
|Auto Insurance in Manitoba||Auto Insurance in Quebec|