Car Insurance Scarborough: Intro
Welcome to your Car Insurance Guide for Scarborough. This page will give you an idea of Car Insurance Premiums in Ontario, will inform about savings opportunities and also provide number of other useful tips for choosing Car Insurance protection in Bulrington.
What Are Typical Car Insurance Premiums In Ontario?
Here are some car insurance average rates to give you an idea of insurance prices in Ontario and in Canada. The first chart shows rates comparison across several Canadian provinces. The second chart shows difference in car insurance premiums for drivers of different age. This difference can be quite considerable.
Overall consumers spend in Ontario more on Auto Insurance than in any other Canadian province. Despite recent government efforts to drive down auto insurance rates in Ontario these are still over-proportionally high when compared to the rest of Canada.
How Can You Save on Car Insurance in Scarborough?
- Direct insurers: Have you always dealt with insurance brokers / agents? Getting a policy from a direct insurer (i.e. insurers working via call-center or online) often can be cheaper (but not always) since they do not pay an agent/broker commission for each policy sold.
- Seniors: Many companies offer special pricing to seniors.
- Professional Membership: Are you a member of a professional organization (e.g. Certified Management Accountants of Canada or The Air Canada Pilots Association)? Then some insurance companies offer you a discount.
- Bundle: Do you need Home and Auto Insurance? Most companies will offer you a discount if you bundle them together.
- Car Insurance Deductibles: Increase your car insurance deductibles if you believe that you are capable of incurring higher payments for damages in case of an accident. This is especially suited for more experienced car drivers.
- Minimal coverage: Driving an old car without large value? Get a minimal coverage required by law (mainly liability) w/o collision damage (you are still protected if you damage somebody’s car but damages on your car will not be covered).
- Pay-as-you-drive: Some insurance providers can reduce your insurance premiums based on your driving profile (capturing data via a special device added to your vehicle).
- Rental car rider: If your existing auto insurance policy does not cover your rental car, you can often add it as a rider (policy extension) for $20-30 dollars a year. Compared to $20/day you would pay when renting a car, it’s not a bad deal.
- Improving your driving record: Do you have a bad driving record? Every three years previously incurred tickets are removed from your insurance history and your insurance premiums can go down.
- Winter Tires: Having winter tires is important for driving safety during the winter, but can also help reduce your insurance premiums.
- Private Garage: Parking your car in a safe location (e.g. private or secure garage ) normally results in lower insurance premiums with auto insurance providers.
- Interested in more saving tips for Car Insurance in Scarborough? Get an insurance quote below and connect with an experienced insurance professional to get more tips.
|Auto Insurance by Province|
|Auto Insurance in Alberta||Auto Insurance in British Columbia||Auto Insurance in Manitoba|
|Auto Insurance in Ontario||Auto Insurance in Quebec||Auto Insurance in Saskatchewan|
|Auto Insurance in Nova Scotia|