Car Insurance Windsor Ontario: Intro
Welcome to your Car Insurance Guide for Windsor, Ontario. This page will give you an idea of Car Insurance Premiums in Ontario, will inform about savings opportunities and also provide number of other useful tips for choosing Car Insurance protection in Windsor.
What Are Typical Car Insurance Premiums In Ontario?
Here are some car insurance average rates to give you an idea of insurance prices in Ontario and in Canada. The first chart shows rates comparison across several Canadian provinces. The second chart shows difference in car insurance premiums for drivers of different age. This difference can be quite considerable.
Overall consumers spend in Ontario more on Auto Insurance than in any other Canadian province. Despite recent government efforts to drive down auto insurance rates in Ontario these are still over-proportionally high when compared to the rest of Canada.
How Can You Save on Car Insurance in Windsor, Ontario?
- Improving your driving record: Do you have a bad driving record? Every three years previously incurred tickets are removed from your insurance history and your insurance premiums can go down.
- Age: Senior drivers enjoy lower auto insurance premiums. Thus in several years your premiums can go down.
- Claim History: Keeping a clean claims history can sometimes be more financially feasible than submitting claims for small damage repairs which could result in increased premiums. Contacting an insurance provider/broker could help you find out what makes sense.
- Multiple-cars-bundle: Bundle several cars on one policy and your rate can go down.
- Driving Course: Successfully completing a driving course is sometimes recognized by some insurance providers and could help you reduce your premiums.
- Minimal coverage: Driving an old car without large value? Get a minimal coverage required by law (mainly liability) w/o collision damage (you are still protected if you damage somebody’s car but damages on your car will not be covered).
- Car Insurance Deductibles: Increase your car insurance deductibles if you believe that you are capable of incurring higher payments for damages in case of an accident. This is especially suited for more experienced car drivers.
- Dashboard camera: Get a dashboard camera for your vehicle. Even though installing a dashboard camera does not result in direct savings (insurance companies do not offer so far any insurance discount related to dashboard cameras) but it can prove you not-at-fault when it is the case in an accident. It results in you avoiding unfair premium raises.
- Bundle: Do you need Home and Auto Insurance? Most companies will offer you a discount if you bundle them together.
- Alumni: Graduates from certain Canadian universities ( e.g University of Toronto, McGill University) might be eligible for a discount at certain Insurance providers.
- Interested in more saving tips for Car Insurance in Windsor? Get an insurance quote below and connect with an experienced insurance professional to get more tips.
|Auto Insurance by Province|
|Auto Insurance in Alberta||Auto Insurance in British Columbia||Auto Insurance in Manitoba|
|Auto Insurance in Ontario||Auto Insurance in Quebec||Auto Insurance in Saskatchewan|
|Auto Insurance in Nova Scotia|