Car Insurance Quebec: Intro
Welcome to your Car Insurance Guide for Quebec. This page will give you an idea of Car Insurance Premiums in Quebec, will inform about savings opportunities and also provide number of other useful tips for choosing Car Insurance protection.
What Are Typical Car Insurance Premiums In Quebec?
Here are some car insurance average rates to give you an idea of insurance prices in Quebec. This chart shows rates comparison across several Canadian provinces with Quebec having lower premiums than most other provinces. Quebec has partly government-based car insurance model where Quebec’s public automobile insurance plan covers all residents for injury or death due to a car accident. Damages to property and liability is covered by private insurers. That significantly contributes to lower car insurance rates in Quebec.
How Can You Save on Car Insurance in Quebec?
- Bundle: Do you need Home and Auto Insurance? Most companies will offer you a discount if you bundle them together.
- Professional Membership: Are you a member of a professional organization (e.g. Certified Management Accountants of Canada or The Air Canada Pilots Association)? Then some insurance companies offer you a discount.
- Alumni: Graduates from certain Canadian universities ( e.g University of Toronto, McGill University) might be eligible for a discount at certain Insurance providers.
- Car Insurance Deductibles: Increase your car insurance deductibles if you believe that you are capable of incurring higher payments for damages in case of an accident. This is especially suited for more experienced car drivers.
- Minimal coverage: Driving an old car without large value? Get a minimal coverage required by law (mainly liability) w/o collision damage (you are still protected if you damage somebody’s car but damages on your car will not be covered).
- Rental car rider: If your existing auto insurance policy does not cover your rental car, you can often add it as a rider (policy extension) for $20-30 dollars a year. Compared to $20/day you would pay when renting a car, it’s not a bad deal.
- Driving Course: Successfully completing a driving course is sometimes recognized by some insurance providers and could help you reduce your premiums.
- Claim History: Keeping a clean claims history can sometimes be more financially feasible than submitting claims for small damage repairs which could result in increased premiums. Contacting an insurance provider/broker could help you find out what makes sense.
- Private Garage: Parking your car in a safe location (e.g. private or secure garage ) normally results in lower insurance premiums with auto insurance providers.
- Interested in more saving tips for Car Insurance in Quebec? Get an insurance quote below and connect with an experienced insurance professional to get more tips.
Our Publications related to Auto Insurance
What Analysis of 4,000+ Car Insurance Consumer Reviews Reveals about Canadian Insurers
Background: The last two years have been marked by unprecedented challenges due to the pandemic, both for consumers and companies. Despite the pandemic, life continued, and Canadians were driving cars, were buying or renting houses, going to a doctor and continued doing many other things related to insurance. As the largest Canadian insurance review platform, […]
Introducing a New Tool to Find Out What Issues Canadian Face with Their Insurers
The arrival of COVID-19 has pushed Canadians, more than ever before, online for finding and applying for insurance and banking products. It is not easy, though, to make the right choice without knowing if a particular insurer will be there when you need them the most. As the largest Canadian review platform with thousands of […]
Car Insurance in Alberta – Top Media Stories, Spring 2017
Here are two summaries of top Alberta Car Insurance stories that were published in March and May 2017 in Canadian media outlets: CBC News Edmonton: Insurance company offers $5,500 for truck appraised at more than $40,000 (click to scroll to the story summary) Simcoe Reformer: Changes to benefit entitlement in 2016 adds to family’s struggle […]
Cheap Car Insurance – 7 Things to Know if You Are New to Canada
Something that is quite straight forward for Canadians often turns out to be more complicated for those who are new to Canada. Searching for auto insurance and getting a cheap car insurance policy is one such issue, but we are here to help. Here are some questions you need to answer and steps you need […]
111 Insurance Myths – Everything You Must Know
Hundreds of websites on the Internet perpetuate insurance myths. In this article, we have summarized all the insurance myths we are aware of and catalogued them by type, starting with home insurance, followed by auto insurance, life Insurance etc. If interested, you can unlock another 20 additional insurance myths at the end of our article. […]
|Auto Insurance by Province|
|Auto Insurance in Alberta||Auto Insurance in Nova Scotia||Auto Insurance in Saskatchewan|
|Auto Insurance in British Columbia||Auto Insurance in Ontario|
|Auto Insurance in Manitoba||Auto Insurance in Quebec|