Home Insurance Kamloops: Intro
Welcome to your Home Insurance Guide for Kamloops. This page will give you an idea of Home Insurance Premiums in British Columbia, will inform about savings opportunities and also provide number of other useful tips for choosing Home Insurance protection in Kamloops.
What Are Typical Home Insurance Premiums In British Columbia?This chart illustrates the average Renters and Homeowners Insurance premiums in British Columbia and other provinces including Home Insurance in Kamloops. Renters insurance rates are typically lower than home owners premiums due to the nature of insurance: Renters insurance typically covers only the content of your rented property and sometimes liability. It does not cover the building itself since it is covered under the insurance property of the homeowner. Overall consumers spend more on Home Insurance in British Columbia because of the several reasons:
Earthquake protection: Seismic activity of the region often results in additional coverage (insurance riders) against earthquakes that customers prefer to purchase to have a peace of mind. It is especially important along the coast.
High rebuilding costs: High share of more expensive real estate indirectly impacts home insurance premiums. Though home insurance is driven by rebuilding costs as opposed to market value of a property, British Columbia has a high share of premium, more expensive properties that are more expensive to rebuild. In addition to that construction of the buildings is sometimes more complicated than in other provinces since these should be build considering seismic hazards (e.g. special structure, lateral bracing requirements)
How Can You Save on Home Insurance in Kamloops?
- Stability of residence: Lived in the same residence for years? You may be eligible for a stability discount. A few insurers offers one. (e.g. Grey Power Insurance)
- Annual review: Your life and your needs change year to year. Review your policy annually to see where you can save or if you need to adjust your insurance.
- Avoid living in dangerous locations: Steer clear of buying a house in earthquake or flood-prone zones.
- Credit score: Your good credit can score you a lower premium. This is because most companies use your credit score when calculating home insurance premiums.
- Employee / Union members: IBM Canada and Research in Motion offer discounts to union members. Check to see what your employer or union offers.
- Mortgage-free home: When you pay off your home, some insurers will reward you with lower premiums (e.g. RBC Insurance, Cooperators)
- Stop smoking: Some insurers increase their premiums for the homes with smokers since this means an increased risk of fire
- Retirees: Retirees can often get an additional discount since they are on the premises more often than someone that works away from home for most of the day.
- Pipes: Insurers prefer copper or plastic plumbing. Consider upgrading your galvanized/lead pipes during your next renovation cycle.
- Interested in more saving tips for Home Insurance in Kamloops? Get an insurance quote below and connect with an experienced insurance professional to get more tips
|Home Insurance by Province|
|Home Insurance in Alberta||Home Insurance in British Columbia||Home Insurance in Manitoba|
|Home Insurance in Ontario||Home Insurance in Saskatchewan|